Thursday, November 15, 2012

I'm a bad luck charm

I float down the dirt path with
no thought of where to go.
I come from here
and I go to there
and where is there I need not know.

I tried the one syllable thing, and that little poem was the only thing I really came up with. Writing with one syllable is definitely a lot harder than it seems. Do you know what else is hard? Writing in the dark. It's approximately 8:04 p.m. and my blog post is due in about 26 minutes and I just scrapped my previous attempt at writing a post using words with just one syllable. I left my room to eat dinner and when I came back, I discovered that everything is rebelling against me.

By this I mean that the lights in my room burnt out, and since today is not my lucky day, my dad is at a meeting and can't help me out of this dark situation (haha...). I am absolutely hopeless at doing nifty things like changing light bulbs; I doubt I could even reach the light fixture.

I'm feeling like a bad luck charm right now, since it seems like everything I touch has been breaking. Yesterday I finished all of my homework early and was planning on skyping one of my best friends from camp, Maya, who lives in Chicago. I log onto Skype only to find out that apparently my built-in webcam is broken. Upon closer inspection of the physical camera, it appears that part of it has fallen off.

My laptop is really falling apart right now in general. The casing on it is starting to crack and now the screen flops around lifelessly like a soggy noodle. Even more annoying is the fact that for the past two weeks, my laptop has been crashing every time I try to do complicated things like checking my email. In fact, it's looking like this post is going to go up late since I have just returned from the third crash in half an hour..

Anyway, I can tell that this post is becoming really whiny so I'll just end it with a joke that my friend Elliot told me a few days ago.

Elliot: Knock, knock.
Me: Who's there?
Elliot: To.
Me: To who?
Elliot: You mean to whom!

3 comments:

  1. Not a bad attempt at the one-syllable word thing! Far better than anything I could ever do. I too understand the struggle of working with technology when a deadline approaches...most recently I turned in an application with barely ten minutes left on the clock...heh. I guess we should be grateful for modern technology and all that. Nice joke, Elliot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Augh, I know those days and feel for you. Sometimes you turn around and your life gets a short circuit. For the webcam problem specifically, you can get ones you plug into your usb port, they actually tend to get higher quality pictures. Good luck, and don't get electrocuted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your knock-knock joke. I can't believe I've never heard that one before.

    Sorry things have been falling apart lately. I hope your luck has improved in recent days!

    ReplyDelete